Visit us in the quaint hamlet of Myrtle Station, ON at: 9585 Baldwin St. N. (905)655-4858
(17.8km north of 401 exit 410. Look for the green house with the red roof a few doors north of the Myrtle Station railroad tracks)

Friday, January 11, 2019

Bruce's Jacket is looking good.

Backstitching the main panels is now complete and for sure, always knitting the edge stitches to create a clear selvage was very helpful as endorsed by James Norbury.
I own this funky book from the 80's called Wild Knitting by Angela Jeffs . There are so many of things to appreciate about this old chestnut, the freshness of the creativity, the joy and fun in the projects and for me especially, the use of mohair, one of my most favourite yarns.
I especially appreciate the stitch dictionary at the back and the drawings so beautifully rendered. The selection of stitches all solid and enjoyable picks.

I am using the wager welt for the collar and side panels of the jacket.
How can you resist a stitch also called puzzle stitch, dispute stitch and all fools welt.
To determine the measurement of the side panels in relationship to the sleeves I lay the parts on top of Bruce's fleece jacket.
It looks pretty good to me. The next step is to knit the sleeves. I am going to start from the top and decrease towards the cuff. The top of the sleeve will have a straight area that should sew neatly into the side panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment