Visit us in the quaint hamlet of Myrtle Station, ON at: 9585 Baldwin St. N. (905)655-4858
(17.8km north of 401 exit 410. Look for the green house with the red roof a few doors north of the Myrtle Station railroad tracks)

Friday, August 2, 2024

The Knittax has landed

Last week, this lovely young man dropped off his grandmothers knitting machine. Surprise! It's a later version of the same one my mum purchased on the Kingston Road in Toronto. This was before the GO train and she passed the shop every day going to and from the city to work.

My mum worked in an accounting office on Bay Street, so I imagine she walked down from the Dundas Street bus station. During the travel time she enjoyed planning the things she would knit on the machine.

She was a beautiful hand knitter, and adored stocking stitch. When I was watching Geraldine McEwan as Miss Marple I notice she holds the yarn and needles the same way as my mum. Knit and purl row perfection, a amazing achievement I sometimes get, but not always.


I dusted the machine off and lemon oiled the cabinet. When the weather cools I'm going to take it for a spin. This photo is of another model more like my mom's. The cabinet that came with the machine is exactly the same though. Giving it some TLC sure brought back happy memories.


I'm overjoyed to find these two lovely people making super helpful YouTube video's specific to the Knittax.

Bos den Braver of Bos

Bos also has wonderful amigurumi patterns you can purchase on Etsy or Ravelry under the name Zabbez

Emily of  Emily Kate Made This 

Emily has brought back happy memories of mixing hand and machine knitting. Crochet and machine knitting too. Thanks so very much again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment