Visit us in the quaint hamlet of Myrtle Station, ON at: 9585 Baldwin St. N. (905)655-4858
(17.8km north of 401 exit 410. Look for the green house with the red roof a few doors north of the Myrtle Station railroad tracks)

Friday, May 2, 2014

portable projects

For travel, grouping stuff in bags works great for keeping organized. Check out this tip from the Get It Done Guy. I  do own a couple of luxury Sea to Summit garment bags in different colours, they are rather like portable drawers. I also use the ubiquitous Ziploc bag.
For that bit of extra class I'm keen on the organza and polyester silk bags from Dollarama, they weigh almost nothing. Particular colours and textures for particular stuff and they do double duty as an evening purse/camera bag too.
This winter I made Stand and Stow bags by Terry Atkinson and so enjoyed the process, especially using the log fabric from Ikea. I told my friend Yimi I am now a woodworker!
After making these bags, I checked out Terry's website and found a cute free sock sack pattern. I used some stash spring fabric and a matching zipper  for my first effort.
I decided to put the current sock project I am making, for my lovely daughter Veronica in this bag.
Next I acquired a super cute fabric group from Ruby Pearl Quilts in Oshawa called Lovey Dovey, so I plan to make more sock sacks, one especially for my mom. Her current project,  a gorgeous Kate Davies hat in authentic shetland wool should fit nicely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment