Visit us in the quaint hamlet of Myrtle Station, ON at: 9585 Baldwin St. N. (905)655-4858
(17.8km north of 401 exit 410. Look for the green house with the red roof a few doors north of the Myrtle Station railroad tracks)

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Beaverton knitting retreat


This is a table full of the colourful samples to inspire us, knit by the president of the Durham guild, Sharion. We were also given a handy notebook compilation of instructions for the samples.
I confess, I wanted to try, however I had a project to finish first.


I had begun a pair of socks last year in Regia stretch (it has a bit of lycra mixed with the yarn). After completing the pair of ladies size 9's I thought ... hmmm... can I make another pair of smaller ones?
Yes indeed! I used the first size in the delightful Regia Flusie children's series, cast on 44 stitches and just made it by inches. It was exciting.


I was thrilled to participate in the weekend, and very happy to be among so many creative people. We really enjoyed playing with colour using the techniques of slip stitch and entrelac. Sharion had fashioned quite a few of her stitch journey's into french press covers, so I will do the same for my coffee pot. Cinders will have to wait again, but not for too long I hope.